Your commitment to us Please treat our staff with the respect you expect from us. Harassment of our dental team will not be tolerated. Action may be taken by the practice owner against patients who harass the dental team. You may be de-registered from the practice. Harassment includes but is not limited to violence or abuse, together with using offensive language.
Our commitment to you Our aim is for patients to be pleased with their experience of our service. We take complaints very seriously in this practice. Please refer to our complaints procedure if you wish to make a complaint.
You are entitled to:
1. A thorough examination of your mouth, teeth and gums
2. A full explanation of your treatment options
3. A written treatment plan (including costs) see note *
4. Information about NHS charges displayed in the waiting room
5. Advice on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy
6. A care and treatment summary if you decide to transfer to another dentist
7. Make a complaint if you are not happy with your treatment and care
* If your treatment is Band 1 or you do not have to pay charges, you will have to ask your dentist for this.
You are responsible for:
2. Following your dentist`s advice to prevent tooth decay and gum disease
3. Paying your bill promptly
4. Bringing proof of entitlement when claiming help with the cost of NHS treatment. If no proof is shown your eligibility will be checked
5. Treating our staff with courtesy and respect - see note **
** We may refuse to treat patients who are violent, fail to pay their bills or refuse to cooperate during treatment. This includes failure to keep appointments. In this case, we will inform the patient in writing and also notify the NHS Commissioning Board.
Your dental records
If you would like to comment about any aspect of our service please contact the practice receptionists. If you are not happy with the response you receive from us you are entitled to raise this verbally or in writing with your Primary Care Trust. You can get support with making a complaint. See Complaints Procedures.
Patients found to have incorrectly claimed help with the cost of NHS dental treatment may receive a penalty charge.
Monday to Friday
Open 08.45 - 17.00
Closed for lunch 13.00 - 14.00
Listen to the answerphone message out of hours for advice.
0121 476 6218
0121 475 6492
Out of Hours
Call NHS 111
Where We Are
Addison Dental Practice
31, Redhill Road