All new patient appointments are NHS unless specifically requested.
New Patient Appointments
A rating system, known as the Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need (IOTN), is used to assess the need and eligibility of individual cases. The IOTN is made up of five grades, which are listed below.
- grade 1: almost perfect teeth
- grade 2: minor irregularities with the teeth, such as slightly protruding upper front teeth
- grade 3: greater irregularities with the teeth do not require treatment for health reasons, for example, upper front teeth that protrude 4mm (0.15 inches) or less
- grade 4: a severe degree of irregularity with the teeth that requires treatment for health reasons, for example, upper front teeth that protrude more than 6mm (0.25 inches)
- grade 5: severe dental health problems, for example, upper front teeth that protrude more than 9mm (0.35 inches)
At the First Visit
- You will complete a medical history. It is important to bring details of any medication you are taking and any warning cards you may have.
- We will listen to any problems you have and try and address these during the appointment
- A full charting will be recorded.
- A periodontal examination will be recorded (BPE).
- It may be necessary to take some X-Rays. These are often looked at at the same time.
- It may be necessary to take some impressions of your teeth to make plaster models.
- We will then try and formulate a treatment plan for you.
- It is not usually possible to cary out any treatment at this visit, the time is used completing all the above.
- In difficult / complex cases it may be necessary to make you an additional appointment to come back and discuss the treatment plan further.
Monday to Friday
Open 08.45 - 17.00
Closed for lunch 13.00 - 14.00
Listen to the answerphone message out of hours for advice.
0121 476 6218
0121 475 6492
Out of Hours
Call NHS 111
Where We Are
Addison Dental Practice
31, Redhill Road