OUR DENTISTS ARE AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Private treatment may be available at other times.
NHS dental treatment includes all treatment necessary to secure and maintain your oral health. In some instances treatment is not available or allowable under the NHS e.g. minor orthodontic treatment, and private options may be available. Posters in the practice have information about the cost of NHS treatment. Your dentist will advise you of the cost of any private treatment.
Making an Appointment
Please arrive a few minutes early for the appointment as there will be some paperwork to complete. The time we book for your appointment is exclusively for you in the surgery, if you only arrive at the appointment time, some of this is lost - we will not keep the next patient waiting as a result.
A rating system, known as the Index of Orthodontic Treatment Need (IOTN), is used to assess the need and eligibility of individual cases. The IOTN is made up of five grades, which are listed below.
- grade 1: almost perfect teeth
- grade 2: minor irregularities with the teeth, such as slightly protruding upper front teeth
- grade 3: greater irregularities with the teeth do not require treatment for health reasons, for example, upper front teeth that protrude 4mm (0.15 inches) or less
- grade 4: a severe degree of irregularity with the teeth that requires treatment for health reasons, for example, upper front teeth that protrude more than 6mm (0.25 inches)
- grade 5: severe dental health problems, for example, upper front teeth that protrude more than 9mm (0.35 inches)
Reminders and Recalls
The practice routinely sends SMS messages or telephones patients to remind them of check up appointments, or failing that a postal reminder is usually sent. Please remember that this is only a reminder, your appointment is made when you last attend. Please amend any changes of address or telephone number (particularly mobile numbers) when these arise.
Out of Hours Provision
Monday to Friday
Open 08.45 - 17.00
Closed for lunch 13.00 - 14.00
Listen to the answerphone message out of hours for advice.
0121 476 6218
0121 475 6492
Out of Hours
Call NHS 111
Where We Are
Addison Dental Practice
31, Redhill Road